1753862 Members
7355 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360p Gen8 - ILO 4 "close" port 80

rd108

DL360p Gen8 - ILO 4 "close" port 80

Greetings,

After a scan with Nessus on DL360p Gen8 machines, with ILO 4 2.55 installed, port 80 is active and listening.

This is a big "NO NO" for PCI DSS compliance, and I need to close it.

When I try to access ILO via HTTP, I am redirected to HTTPS, so at least that's good

However, going to the ILO 4, Administration > Access Settings > Web Server Non-SSL port, I can change the port 80 to something elese, but I cannot disable it.

Strangely, I have another machine with ILO 4 2.55 as well, BUT a DL360 Gen 9 instead of 8 like the others, and this machine returns no open port 80 in nmap, while having the exact same configuration in Administration > Access Settings.

Can anyone shed some light?

How can I disable port 80 in ILO 4?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

5 REPLIES 5
ggerke
Occasional Visitor

I've run across this same issue and was wondering if there was a solution to disable the non-SSL port setting. Also, if this can be set to something that disables the non-SSL port does that hamper the use of the iLO in any way?

christophernar

Is there any information avaiable on how to disable port 80 on iLO?

AlexMilotin
Occasional Advisor

Was wondering if there's any update on this topic whatsoever.

We've reached 2023, and v 2.95 but there doesn't seem to be any option to disable Non-SSL port as we have on iLO 5

Anyone found any way?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @AlexMilotin,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
AlexMilotin
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Does it make sense to open a new discussion on the same topic which was not yet answered ?

I would say that you should focus on the topics raised and not yet solved that a lot of people comment to so at least we would be able to see a resolution.

Opening a new discussion for the exact same issue, that would remain unsolved does it make sense more than continuing an old topic ?