4794 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360P Gen8 - P420i - Controller Lock Up's

Martijn_G
Occasional Contributor

DL360P Gen8 - P420i - Controller Lock Up's

Hi folks,

Seen a lot of issues and there sollutions over the last years, but this one is killing me.

Im the private owner of a DL360P Gen8 and while testing this server, all went fine.
When I placed the server in the rack and put hm to work, the issue begon.

Onboard P420i gets different lock up's (0x11, 0x13, 0x14), and I can't see the problem.
Problem occurs when disks get under load (I can reproduce the issue while running a backup).
Devices:
- 2x HPE 6G 100GB SATA SSD (MK0100GCTYU) (RAID 1)
- 2x OEM Seagate 1.5 TB SATA (ST1500LM006) (RAID 1)

RAID sets where recreate, controller is at latest firmware, also is the drive enclosure/drive bay.
No warnings, no errors.

Anyone who can push me to the right direction?
Better: anyone (HPE Employee) who can read-out my ADU?

I'm guessing its a bad cache module, but not sure.

4 REPLIES 4
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Re: DL360P Gen8 - P420i - Controller Lock Up's

Hi Martin, 

Requesting you to log a case with HPE with the AHS logs and the ADU report in order to further proceed with this. 

Link: https://support.hpe.com/help/en/Content/productSupport/supportCaseManager.html

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Martijn_G
Occasional Contributor

Hi ShruthiSK,

There's no warranty left
So I'll guess support won't help me with that on the official way

Anyway, there is good news!
Replaced the cache module and it seems the problem is solved!

Johnspee5
Occasional Visitor

I have the very same issue with this server. I replaced the cache module and just like you said it fixed the problem until I began installing my first VM and then it did the same thing again. Locked up during install the fans came on at jet airplane mode and the reboot shows the controller is locked up again. Removing the cache module allows me to use the controller again but as soon as I reinstall the cache it shows lockup=13:0h).  Is the cache module really being destroyed during installation of a VM on Esxi 7 ? What is going on here? 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Johnspee5

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo