108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360p gen8 - SAS drive LED not working

SteelBlade
Occasional Visitor

DL360p gen8 - SAS drive LED not working

Hello,

I have a DL360p gen8 server.

- in bay 1 to 4 I got 4 HP SAS drives EG000300JWSJP with latest firmware HPD2, drives are installed in their original caddies P/N 651687-001, array is RAID5 and working fine.

- In bay 5 and 6 I have two Crucial MX500 SSD drives in HP original caddies, same PN as the other ones, array is RAID1 and working fine.

- The controller is the embedded one, P420i with 2GB FBWC module and battery.

At startup all drives are flashing their led and everyhing is lit normally (blue ID led, activity ring, warning led, and disk green/amber led).

After the LED check the indicators of the crucial drives are working as expected, central green icon lit, activity ring when used, blue id indicator is on when requested and if i remove a drive from array the warning indicators lights up

For the HP drives the only indicator working is the activity ring, no green disk indicator, no blue light if identification is requested, and no warning light if I remove a disk from the array.

Any idea of what it could cause the problem??

2 REPLIES 2
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please refer HPE ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server - LED Indicators

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03245333#N10860

Check Drive LED Definitions on that.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

SteelBlade
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

thanks for your comment, I'm not asking how it should work, since this is not the first server i put my hands on.

I'm reporting a problem!

I have 4 HP disks in their original caddies, where the indicators are not working as expected, only activity ring works! All other indicators are lit at boot for less than a second (indicators check) then are turned off.