ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G10 (Xeon 4208) enable max turbo frequency ( W2019 std VMs on ESXi 6.7 free version)

Advisor

DL380 G10 (Xeon 4208) enable max turbo frequency ( W2019 std VMs on ESXi 6.7 free version)

Hi

The processor should have 2.1GHz Base Frequency but 3.2GHz Max Turbo Frequency https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/193390/intel-xeon-silver-4208-processor-11m-cache-2-10-ghz.html 

The VM will run ERP SW which likes high CPU frequency. So I try to enable the 3.2GHz Max Trubo Frequency: All ready selected "Virtualization - Max Performance" at BIOS.

After that i powered the VM on but the Win 2019 std still says the CPU has 2..1 GHz frequency.

What I am missing here and is it possible to have 3.2GHz frequency in my system.?The server is not jet on production so I can play with it for couple days.

If nothing else can I swap the processor to faster one? Only 500W powers though. I only have two VMs in the host.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G10 (Xeon 4208) enable max turbo frequency ( W2019 std VMs on ESXi 6.7 free version)

Hello,

Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default on supported processors. You can disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS. No other user-controllable settings to change the Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation are available. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

Enabling or disabling Intel Turbo Boost Technology

1. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Performance Options > Intel (R) Turbo Boost Technology and press Enter.
  2. Select a setting and press Enter.
    1. Enabled—Enables the logical processor cores on processors supporting hyperthreading technology.
    2. Disabled —Reduces power usage and also reduces the system’s maximum achievable performance under some workloads.
  3. Press F10.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo