1752798 Members
5484 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G5 Server internal indicator turned to amber

manz123
Visitor

DL380 G5 Server internal indicator turned to amber

I am having HP ProLiant DL380 G5 Server which is more than 6 years old. Its internal indicator turned to amber. It’s a happened a month ago, I have changed the fan and it’s become green. After few days again its turned to amber. I have noticed that when we restart the pc it will be green but after few days it will turn amber again. Server is running fine now but we don’t want to take risk as our all the operations running through this server.  

what will be the issue ? please help me on this, many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You meed to access the iLO and see what the iLO log and the Server IML report

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
manz123
Visitor

Thanks for the tips Mr. Jimmy, Please tell me how to access the iLO and see what the iLO log and the Server IML report ?? please provide me the steps.

Thanks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

On the back of the server is a network port labeled iLO, plug in a network cable.  By default iLO is configured to use DHCP so if your network provides DHCP it should get an IP address.  You can either check your DHCP server or using F8 during POST to access iLO setup to see what the IP address is set to.  If your network  doesn't provide DHCP, you will need to set a static IP address in the iLO configuration screen.  iLO setup screen is accessible by pressing F8 during POST when the iLO firmware presents itself  There is a tag or sticker on the server that shows what the default iLO Administrator password is set to.  Once you know the IP, open a browser from a system on the same network and enter the iLO IP address as the URL and provide the credentials listed on the sticker.   You may have to look around the menu selections once accessing iLO, as the iLO screens have changed over the years I don't recall where the logs are listed on a G5 server

manz123
Visitor

Thank you, You are genius.

manz123
Visitor

Hi Jimmy

I just want to ask one more thing, what does HP System Management Homepage do ?

And how it configure?

Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

SMH involves a set of tools loaded on the host OS to monitor and manage the server. iLO is a BMC (baseboard management controller)  that can be accessed directly for hardware infomation