1747985 Members
4872 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G7 - Won't boot after power outage

ROswin
Visitor

DL380 G7 - Won't boot after power outage

Hi everyone I'm hoping that one of you can help.  I've searched the internet and tried everything that I can find to fix this issue, I'm starting to think the mainboard is broken.

Server won't power on.  Initially everything is green then after a second power button goes amber and heartbeat LED lights up red.

So, lid off.. unplug riser chassis.. disconnect RAID card and cables.. Remove all but one RAM stick for CPU.. Swapped out CPUs, RAM, PSU backplane and PSUs from a known working machine.

Upon inspection of the Dip Switches only number 8 is "on". Inserting power to a PSU lights up status LEDs CR1 and CR7, after a few seconds CR7 goes out and CR1 flashes. Pressing power button at this point and CR1 goes to static green until server powers off after 1 second and then flashes green.

I have moved Dip Switch number 6 to on and removed the BIOS battery for 15 minutes. No difference.

I have moved Dip Switch number 1, 5 and 6 to on and removed the BIOS battery for 15 minutes. No difference.

Is my server toast??

Please feel free to ask for more details or pose a question or two.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Have you attempted to access the iLO and check the iLO log as well as the server IML? Probably some information in one of the logs that will help isolate the issue

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ROswin
Visitor

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your reply.  I can't get in to iLO, i get no reponse from a ping to it either.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@ROswin wrote:

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your reply.  I can't get in to iLO, i get no reponse from a ping to it either.

With everything else you've tried I'd say you are correct and the system board has failed

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!