ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753604 Members
6448 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G9 Bay 1 - 8 drive expansion cage cable issue

clearview

DL380 G9 Bay 1 - 8 drive expansion cage cable issue

I have an HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 (803860-B21) which has HP 12Gb SAS Expander Card (727250-B21) and 16 drives installed in bay 2 and 3.

I am trying to add a 3rd cage to take it to 24 drives and have installed the cage and power cables from the recommended kit 719067-B21.  My problem is that the only SAS cable in that kit is for connecting to PCI SAS and not suitable for the Mini SAS connections on the sas expansion card.

Can anyone advise what cable part number I need to connect the new cage to the SAS controller ?

I have attached a diagram of the cable in question from a HP document (http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04436999) it is the red cable on the left of the picture that runs around a different direction to the other 2.

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

i assume the SAS expander ships with all cables, so you probably received them in a box with the system.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
clearview

Thanks for your reply do you know what these cable part numbers are ?

The information in this message and any attachment(s) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee only and any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If this message is received in error, the sender should be notified and the message and any attachment(s) deleted. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard copy version. Company Number: SC353902

Scanned by EveryCloud email security
OUBeaver

I believe the DL380 Gen9 Server User Guide might show what you need.

However, I hate to hijack your post, but my server sounds like it is configured exactly like yours.  However, I'm trying to get my drive cage in Bay 2 powered.  My primary drive cage is in Bay 3 and is just fine.  I assumed I needed the same power cable that Bay 3 is using (747560-001) but after connecting Bay 2 I get no power.  I don't know if I need to "enable" the power somehow or if I have the wrong cable.  Is there anyway you could tell me what cable (part number) you are using for your cage in Bay 2?  I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks!!