ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748060 Members
5700 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Gen8 taking more time to complete early system initialization after removing one Socket.

Rajib0205

DL380 Gen8 taking more time to complete early system initialization after removing one Socket.

Hi,

One of our client, DBA team, running Oracle DB on many DL Gen8 and Gen9 Servers. Recently they had a license issue with oracle and they decided to use only one socket out of two sockets.  So we have removed one socket from one DL 380 Gen8 server for testing its performance. We are experiancing slow booting of Gen8. It is taking long time (Approx 6 minutes)  to complete the early system initialization process. Other Gen8 server with two sockets taking approx 2 minutes.

Is this time (6 mins) taken by Gen8 with one socket to complete early system initialization process expected?

If no then what would be the best solution to make it more faster.

2 REPLIES 2
mlasidab
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380 Gen8 taking more time to complete early system initialization after removing one Socket.

I guess you are using large amount of memory on these systems..

Could you check BIOS/Power Management Options/HP Power Profile and select High Performance? is there any significant improvement?

Also inside Power Management Options you have Advanced Power Management Options where you can set Energy/Performance Bias as High pertormance.. this one only applies when HP Power Profile is set CUSTOM.

Cheers,

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Adding to this, the Initilization may take long time if you have attached any USB storage devices or Fiber Channel Cards or any other PCIe Cards.

As a workaround, update the BIOS, iLO and FC/Network card firmwares.
You may also try to clear the NVRAM from the System Maintenance Switch.

Thank You!

I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo