New Discussion

DL380G8 and vsphere 6.7

baber1
Regular Advisor

DL380G8 and vsphere 6.7

Dear all

Hi

i have 2 question :

1- i could not find latest SPP for Hp proliant DL30p G8 where can i download that ?

2- can i install vsphere 6.7 on DL380p G8?

BR

Babak

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL380G8 and vsphere 6.7

Hi,

You can check the OS compatibility here.

You can download SPP here.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

thanks but this SPP in description mentioned is suitable for G9 and G10 can i use it for G8 ?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please check here, "The 2017.04.0 SPP is the last production SPP to contain components for the G7 and Gen8 server platforms.'

You need to have a valid warranty/contract for your server to download SPP and BIOS.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

baber1
Regular Advisor

thanks but could not get clear answer

now if i install latest SPP on DL380p G8  is that useful or not ?

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

I cannot comment on the "usefull" part, that depends on the hardware firmware version on your server.  I would suggest you go thorugh the SPP Release Notes and or SPP Contents File and check the fixes or Revision History that the firmware has.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo