4396 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Enable Intel AMT KVM on HP ProLiant ML10 Gen9

ChrisVH
Advisor

Enable Intel AMT KVM on HP ProLiant ML10 Gen9

Dear community,

Past weekend I set up my new HP ProLiant ML10 Gen9 server. Because an ILO board is missing I was happy about Intel AMT being supported. After activation of AMT i was wondering about KVM missing on config menue. The AMT website I can open but I cannot open KVM using "MeshCommander" or any other tool. According to the HP Docu HP Docu of the server, KVM can be enabled in MEBx. The menue offers "Username and password", "SOL" and "Storage Redirection" but not "KVM Feature Selection" shown in page 8 in HP Docu.

Where can I optain the latest FW for AMT btw?

Screen.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
V. Max
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

|I have exactly the same issue, but not on all Proliant ML10 Gen9 servers. The 'Xeon' version has the KVM option in the Intel AMT but the 'Pentium G4400' doesn't..

Can someone from HP clarify this?

Best regards,

Jan Theo Hoekstra

ChrisVH
Advisor

I'd be disappointed if this server had no KVM since it does have according to the HP specs on their product page. Here they say for G4400 model that Remote Console is supported. ("Integriertes Intel® AMT Managementmodul mit Remote-Konsole, Webbrowser-GUI und Remote-Ein-/Ausschalten")

ChrisVH
Advisor

Meanwhile I found that only "vPro" Computers have KVM capabilities. So G4400 CPU won't support it, but Intel i3/5/7 and Xeon do. Intel / HP should point that out more clearly.