1753876 Members
7498 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: FAULT DETECTION HARD DISK from HP Proliant DL360 G9

JOFF8
Occasional Visitor

FAULT DETECTION HARD DISK from HP Proliant DL360 G9

Hi Dear all ! Please, how to make a prolific DL360 G9 server able to detect its hard disks when the component. the smart controller component?

4 REPLIES 4
R_Raj
HPE Pro

Hello ,

If the Hard drive is not detected during the installation of the operating system please follow the guide below about the operating system installation which can help in issues where drives or internal storage is not detected in the server.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04419967

In case if there are any faults detected like Drive failure or predictive failure . Please log a case with HPE to get the faulty part replaced in warranty.

Regards

Accept or Kudo
JOFF8
Occasional Visitor

Si vous me permettez, le support d'installation je l'ai parcouru. Mais le problème est que le serveur lui ne détecte par les disques au démarrage. A mon humble avis dû à l'absence du "smart controller composant" oublié à la vente et constaté à la livraison du serveur hp proliant Gl360 G9 (nombre=2). En outre, après installation multiple; le message renvoyé est absence de disques malgré que l'on est prévu 04 disques de 125 gigas chacun par serveur (02) à cet effet. Merci pour votre compréhension. Vos multiples approches pour pouvoir y contourner ce déficit et y parvenir à installer ses 02 serveurs me seront d'une très grande utilité.

JOFF8
Occasional Visitor

Please I need help. Somebody can help me?

My difficulty are what after my compagny had buy the proliant hp server from america, the seller forget to put the "smart composant" in the GL360 proliant server. when I want to install this equipment he does't detected the hards disks. all time he ( server) send me this message: Error for detection hards disks.

if you allow me, the installation media I have read. But the problem is that the server itself is not detected by the disks at startup. My humble opinion due to the lack of the "intelligent controller component" has been forgotten and was later checked by the prolific delivery server HP Gl360 G9 (number = 2). In addition, after multiple installation; the message returned is absent from disks, although 04 disks of 125 gigas each per server (02) are provided for this purpose. Thanks for your understanding. Your multiple approaches to power and contract this deficit and to be installed by its 02 servers will be very useful.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What Smart Array controller is in the server?  

What hard disks are you using?

If you provide part numbers (product ID) of the server and hard drives it will help determine what your issue could be

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!