4674 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hard Drive Data recovery

Mike4006
Occasional Contributor

Hard Drive Data recovery

Hello,

Our ML 150 has run faithfully since 2003.  We had to shut it down.  Upon rboot, it makes it to the Windows Server 2003 Moving Gray block and then turn off the video and restarts.  The are two SCSI drives and some data we would like to recover.  If I can get to the dos prompt... 

When the Adaptec SCSI Bios prompt appears the drives are found, then

Warning: Drive AIC -7901 A on slot 04, 03:04:00 SCSI ID 4: Has exceeded Failure Prediction threshold!

Please make a backup as soon as possible. Press a Key to continue.  

When I press a key, I see the Phoenix Bio setup screen with the prompt press a key to continue and then (repeating from above) The Windows 2003 Server moving gray boxes about 5 sets role byu and then reboot.  

I tried swapping the drives  

When the Adaptec SCSI Bios prompt appears the drives are found, then

Warning: Drive AIC -7901 A on slot 05, 03:04:00 SCSI ID 5: Has exceeded Failure Prediction threshold!

Please make a backup as soon as possible. Press a Key to continue.

Immediately reboots and freezes.  

I have not installed a replacement drive to attempt to rebuild the drives not have I entered the SCSI utility.   

1 REPLY 1
shireF
Visitor

Re: Hard Drive Data recovery

I encountered the same situation a year ago, and I just cried. I almost lost all the design drawings of the last five years, I seem to have arrived in hell. Finally, AnyRecover saved me from helping me retrieve files from the crashed hard drive.