1752793 Members
6003 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Hard Drive Swap

bpier962

Hard Drive Swap

Hello,

Newby here. I am trying to install a new hard drive in 1 of 2 Raid 1 volumes I have in a DL360e.

I have been told that the hard drives have to match exactly or it could cause problems with my system and maybe erase the existing drive. 

One the front of the existing drive it says 10K, SAS 1.2 TB, 697631. I was told I need to match the 697631 or it would not work. I tried buying a hard drive online and received on that said almost the same thing but says 718292 and not 697631. Will this drive work or should I keep looking?

Thanks for you help.

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Re: Hard Drive Swap

We confirm that both the drives have the same specifications, no issues.

697631-001 1.2TB hot-plug SAS hard disk drive - 10,000 RPM, 6Gb/sec transfer rate, 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF), Enterprise, SmartDrive Carrier (SC)
718292-001 1.2TB hot-plug dual-port SAS hard disk drive - 6Gb/sec transfer rate, 10,000 RPM, 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF), Enterprise, SmartDrive Carrier (SC) - For use with Gen8/Gen9

However, about adding an additional drive in a RAID 1 Array, this is not correct. The RAID 1 Array would already have two drives, adding a 3rd drive is not possible unless you wanted to configure the 3rd drive as a spare.

We recommend to take a complete backup before you try anything, this will help restoring the Data in case of a Data loss.

RAID 1 Array support Even number of drives.

Please validate & proceed if supported.

Write back with more details about the current configuration for further clarifications.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Re: Hard Drive Swap

Let us know if we have answered the query, if not, write back for clarification.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo