1752600 Members
4042 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Hard Drives not Recognized by Server

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Hard Drives not Recognized by Server

Your partno. IS on that list (507127-B21).

Maybe you can run your server and insert the new drives too, so you can check if SSA (smart storage administrator) can see the disks and get some information (ADU report) from the drives.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
TSNWS
Occasional Advisor

I've tried that too.  Nothing sees the disks.

You are correct that the HP option kit # on the advisory matches the option part # on my drives but the advisory also shows the bare part # and model # that doesn't match my drives.  I take that to mean the HP option kit was used on multiple models and the advisory applies to that specific model # that had that option kit. 

Plus what are the odds that I'd get the 4 bad drives out of 92.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Not knowing your detailed Hardware configuration...what's about checking the HP SAS Expander Card firmware update status too?

Exactly 2.10(C) of 30.03.2015 should be used:

"On rare occasions during a power-up sequence, the HP SAS Expander, would be unresponsive. When the HP SAS Expander was unresponsive, the attached HP Smart Array P410 or P410i Controller was not allowed to discover drives that were attached."

If I were you - just as a totally generic Best Practice - I'll give SPP 2016.10 (latest available) a try - if not already done before - to discover exactly what Hardware components would require a Firmware upgrade for those very specific HP ProLiant DL360 G6 units you're trying to revamp.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner