New Discussion

Re: Heat sink and fan for DL380p gen8 and ML350p gen8

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor

Heat sink and fan for DL380p gen8 and ML350p gen8

Hi,

So I've ordered two new CPUs for two of my servers. They are one DL380p gen8 and one ML350p Gen8.

As these weren't available at our usual supplyer we had to look elsewhere as refurbished units. and they didn't come as a kit.

We found the CPUs but the CPUs Only. No heat sink or fan whatsoever.

My question is where I can find the parts number for these so I can find where to buy them?

We have one CPU installed in each server and want to add a second one. Is it only the CPU, heat sink and a fan? Or are there other stuff that ships with the kit you usually buy?

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

@Patric Falinder wrote:

Hi,

So I've ordered two new CPUs for two of my servers. They are one DL380p gen8 and one ML350p Gen8.

As these weren't available at our usual supplyer we had to look elsewhere as refurbished units. and they didn't come as a kit.

We found the CPUs but the CPUs Only. No heat sink or fan whatsoever.

My question is where I can find the parts number for these so I can find where to buy them?

We have one CPU installed in each server and want to add a second one. Is it only the CPU, heat sink and a fan? Or are there other stuff that ships with the kit you usually buy?

Thanks for any help.

Pretty sure these were only offered as an options kit that included all the components. You might check part surfer and see if they are offered as individual spare replacements 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I found the parts I needed from eBay so I'm all good now.