7878 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HO Proliant ML350 G6 HD failure

bas22
Occasional Visitor

HO Proliant ML350 G6 HD failure

Hi Guys

i have HP proliant ML350 G6 server and all of a sudden two HD out of 3 show RED light and the 3rd is green

i dont have the application file backup and Data backup , i replaced the 2 HD and system started in safe Mood and now replaced 1st HD ,,it shows this message in the image, plse Help me

3 REPLIES 3
sdmitriev1
Valued Contributor

Did you replace "1st HD" after Array was rebuild with new drive?

bas22
Occasional Visitor

yes first i replaced the second HD and reboot in safe mode but could not take backup of the data, so i replace the first HD and the same problem , i could see the data not cant copy it outsie , 

liberty123de
Occasional Visitor

I have a generally question about ML350 G6. We have some of this models, brought in 2014 and the disk failure quote is more than 70 % of drives failed after working 3 years (after warranty end). Problems are making the 300 GB 15K SAS drives (653960). It´s a very poor result for those expensive enterprise drives. Have anyone the same experience with this hd´s? The joke is, that this drives fails in a period of some month, one after the other.

Attached a ML 350 G6 with 4 drives in RAID5. Drive 2 and 3 fails and replaced 4 weeks ago, last night drive 4 fails.

Another server, we replaced 6 from 8 drives, also build in 2014.

We have some FSC server and drive age of 3.5 SAS drives is 10 years, without any fails!!