ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753787 Members
7799 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How Install Windows Server 2012 R2 STD from iLO (Step by Step)

MarckoG
Occasional Visitor

How Install Windows Server 2012 R2 STD from iLO (Step by Step)

I have struggled for weeks to install Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard on my (new) HPE Proliant ML30 server;   - Already try for legacy and it is very complicated for the drivers of the hard disk.

- I already tried with USB with an ISO image of Evaluation and when finishing the installation it marks me error of licensing.  

- I already try USB with a Commercial ISO image and it marks me the error: "The win.xml file was not generated correctly"  

- Already try with Evaluation CD / DVD and mark licensing error.  

- I already tried with commercial CD / DVD and it marks me the same error: "The win.xml file was not generated correctly".    

I have not found more ISO files on the internet that are not EVALUATION more than that.  

I have read that it is very easy to install from iLO and I already have my iLO trial license but I have never used it and I know absolutely nothing about how to do it by this method, I would appreciate it if someone could give me a step-by-step MANUAL of how to install through iLO (from the configuration and installation of iLO to the installation of Windows).   I hope you can help me I have weeks in this and I already feel a little desperate.  

* I have my Windows Server 2012 R2 STD Original license (* Extra data)

3 REPLIES 3
FabioC1
HPE Pro

First of all, Are you using the intelligent provisionin  (F10)  to install de OS ?

Pag 20

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04419967

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

MarckoG
Occasional Visitor

Cambiar a español
That's right, I'm trying to install from Intelligent Provisioning and I have the newest version of the firmware installed (2.70) and I still have the same problems.
I want to know how to configure and enter iLO step by step for install my windows server.
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Can you use this video with step by step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFii0G1beYU

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo