4204 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How Sata without Raid Controller in HP Proliant ML150 G6

emammadov
Occasional Contributor

How Sata without Raid Controller in HP Proliant ML150 G6

Hello,

We have HP Proliant ML150 G6 server (P410 Raid Controller) with 4 x 2TB Sata HDDs. I want to see each drive separately in OS. I can't create 4 x Raid 0, it says: You cannot crate another logical drive. You have reached the maximum number of logical drives supported by ORCA.

1. Why can't I create Raid 0 more than 2?
2. Can I create Sata drives without Raid Controller in order to have 4 separate drives?

2 REPLIES 2
krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Re: How Sata without Raid Controller in HP Proliant ML150 G6

Hello,

the p410 (zero memory) controller supports up to 2 logical drives. Therfore you are not able to create more than 2. You wont be able to see the drives in OS level, if they are not set up as logical volumes (RAID). You may purchase 256MB cache memory for your controller and you will be able to created 4 x RAID 0:

Page 18 

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04111713

Logical Drives Supported

Zero Memory, Up to 2 logical volumes

256MB cache and greater, Up to 64 logical volumes

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
emammadov
Occasional Contributor

Re: How Sata without Raid Controller in HP Proliant ML150 G6

Thank you for your reply. But can I create Sata drives without Raid controller?
And how can I know if Raid controller is zero memory in the future?
Is cache memory different according to server models or they are the same thing?
Cache memory is used with raid controller battery,, without battery it doesn't work? Because I searched on google and saw pictures of cache module mostly with raid battery.
If it was software raid, then there is no need for cache module and battery, right?