5227 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to check HP firmware on NC550SFP-AX card

Camilo-Zabala
Occasional Visitor

How to check HP firmware on NC550SFP-AX card

Hello,

We recently purches a network card NC550SFP-AX to be used on an HPO Pproliant server running VMware Esxi.  We purchased this card to address and issue similar to the one reported bellow:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2053642

Basically we need to run the card using  NIC firmware to version 4.6.166.6105 or later and must use BE2NET drivers of version 4.6.166.9 or later. 

However we are not sure on what firmware the card is currently running. We contacted the manufacturer of the cards and the told us that the firmware version  of  the card  is V2.3.46 (Intel Chipset 82599ES.) However they were nto able to provide us the HP firmware version nor to tell us how to chek it.

Does anyone know how to chek the HP Firmware version of the card?

Regards and please advise, 

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

HPE will provide firmwre for HPE branded hardware.  I found a link from HPE for "NC550SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter".
Refer to Release Notes and Installation Instructions tab on the download page for more information.

Determining Network/Storage firmware and driver version in ESXi 4.x and later (1027206).

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

prewest
Occasional Collector

If you go into iLo you can check the firmware version there under the hardware tab.