ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748280 Members
4200 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

how to replace hdd in server prolaint dl380 G8?

pukiwuci
Occasional Visitor

how to replace hdd in server prolaint dl380 G8?

hello. smart array p420i is configured and raid as well. in storage administrator, status showing 01 hdd pridected to be failed very soon. so i need to replace fault.y hdd with new one, please guide me to replce hdd

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: how to replace hdd in server prolaint dl380 G8?

Pull out the disk, insert a new disk with same spare part#. Rebuild will start automatically.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you before hard disk replacement, you have to know the raid information.

You can replace the hard disk with 

Raid 1, 5,,6,10.

You can not replace the hard disk online in raid 0. In raid 0 you can lose the data.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Predictive Drive Failure Replacement Procedure:

1. Prior to replacement of any predictive fail Hard drive check the logical drive and Array health status from SSA/ACU.

2. This is one of the best article to refer while troubleshooting the predictive fail hard drive, mmr_sf-EN_US000006557.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03426341

3. Make sure the predictive drive which you are replacing is hot swap. And Drive LED is flashing Amber.

4. Once replaced the predictive failed hard drive with new one, make sure the new drive rebuilds successfully.

5. Make sure the replacement hard drive running exact same firmware level which matches the other hard drive in the server. (Same model).

NOTE: A hot swap HDD can be replaced when the server is running as it is not going to affect the customer production. And there is no chance of losing the data if the logical drive is fine.

[Moderator edit: Updated the link]

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo