New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 10G 554FLR freebsd driver

SOLVED
Go to solution
gracz
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

may I ask which driver was working for you? I try to find a solution to use a HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapter with FreeBSD 13.1 without any success so far. 

Thank you in advance.

ServerPains
Frequent Advisor

Hate to sound like many forum trolls do but did you read the entire thread? The answer is on page one.
I hared it.

gracz
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I've read all of the previous comments. Tried to enable the NIC as you suggested, but I still get POST failed in dmesg. I thought that maybe I need a driver, however I can only find the ones for RHEL and Suse. I guess I'll just change this card, I only asked because you mentioned that a similar setup is working for you. Thanks for the reply anyways. 

ServerPains
Frequent Advisor

In my case, the driver was likely added by the installer when I first installed the OS. It's just not santioned or officially supported so it's not enabled.

pchops
HPE Pro

@gracz wrote:

Yes, I've read all of the previous comments. Tried to enable the NIC as you suggested, but I still get POST failed in dmesg. I thought that maybe I need a driver, however I can only find the ones for RHEL and Suse. 

FreeBSD 13.1 includes a driver that "works" with this card (if_oce.ko), but as previously mentioned, it is not supported by HPE.

Can you post the related "POST failed" output from dmesg?

I work for HPE
ServerPains
Frequent Advisor

I simply added this into the /etc/rc.conf and rebooted and the interface came up. It's been fully reliable so far.

In rc.conf;

ifconfig_oce0="DHCP"

gracz
Occasional Advisor

I've added ifconfig_oce0="DHCP" to rc.conf, though I have a different type NIC: HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB. It uses Emulex BE3 network processor which should work and it is listed as supported HW for FreeBSD.

This is the relevant piece from dmesg:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 14.22.16.png

ServerPains
Frequent Advisor

I don't know what that error is but did you use the correct interface name? I just shared mine, yours may be different.

pchops
HPE Pro

@gracz -- What is the interconnect option that connects to the 554FLB? If it is not a Virtual Connect, would it happen to be a model that support 1Gb operation? Also, what firmware version is currently installed on the 554FLB?

I work for HPE
gracz
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the answer. I tried to check the firmware version in iLO but it's unknown. I do not know if this is related to the OS or not.. This card has 2*10G and ports are connected to Catalyst switches.