1748028 Members
5296 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 360 G7 server, ACU and orca cannot set the third logical drive

ldproman
Occasional Collector

HP 360 G7 server, ACU and orca cannot set the third logical drive

创建第二个驱动器后,就再也不能创建驱动器了。ACU 和orca都试了 ,不能创建第3个逻辑驱动器。总共有4个硬盘位。3块硬盘,创建任意2个后,第3个硬盘就没有创建驱动器的按钮。

是权限问题还是 我没操作对?

Google Translated:

After the second drive is created, the drive can no longer be created. Both ACU and orca have tried, but the third logical drive cannot be created. There are 4 hard drives in total. 3 hard disks. After creating any 2 hard disks, there is no button to create a drive for the third hard disk. Is it a permission problem or I didn’t operate it right?

3 REPLIES 3
ramawatar
HPE Pro

Hello, 

Problem statemen tis not cleared. 

What do you mean by (After the second drive is created, the drive can no longer be created.)

1. What is the Smart array controller model and firmware version installed

2. how many total physically hard disk

3. How many array is already created 

Thank you!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ldproman
Occasional Collector

我的意思是,只能建两个磁盘,尽管现在插了3块磁盘。
现在可能明白了,我想是没有缓存卡和电池的原因,正在购买卡和电池

发自我的华为手机
ramawatar
HPE Pro

Hi, 

Let me clear on this.

1. There are are 4 hard disk installed in the server then you have choices to create 2 arrayes with RAID 1

2. another option is create one RAID 5 (with 3 hard disk) and one RAID 0 (with single hard disk)

3. Now, if you want to create the multiple logical drive in a single Arary then you have to set the size (with available space) for the first logical drive, then second and then third. 

for more information-- refer the guide : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02289065.pdf

Note, Bydefualt array will take the full space of the drives when you create the logical drive. Make sure you specify the size of the first logical drive then only will get the option to create another logical drive.

Thank you!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo