5538 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL 380 G5 ROM problem

mahmoud1982
Visitor

HP DL 380 G5 ROM problem

Dears;

I have 2 HP DL 380 G5 servers as my home lab, i have insert ( SPP ) DVD and boot one of the server from it, during automatic instalation of new firmware , a power supply stpped working and server shuttdown, i have installed new power supply , then i power up the server ,,the problem is that server shows nothing with full fan working , all leds on the panel are ok.

so the problem i think rom problem, i searched on the internet for solutions but non of then worked ,

please is there any way to fix it !?!?!

best regards;

6 REPLIES 6
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please clear the NVRAM then reboot and check the status.

You need to enable switch 6 ON the system maintenance switch fixed on the mother board. Once enabled, boot your server and you will show a message display confirm the nvram cleaned. 

again power off the server and put switch 6 to default OFF position.

Reboot the server.

regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

mahmoud1982
Visitor

Hi there ;

I did that but nothing happand ; still the work with full fan noise server after boot ,

nothing on the screen,

any help again please;

best regards;

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Can you check for any error in ILO events if you have access to ILO console.

Reseat all the fan(one by one) and check the status, identify faulty fan if any.

regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

mahmoud1982
Visitor

ILO was still as when i have bought the server with dhcp enabled and was able to log on, after crash the server during update firmwire i couldnot loggon ,,also i connected it to dhcp server to check if new IP configured in order to log on, but nothing happaned,

any idea ;

question 1 : can i flash bios if the server show nothing on the screen !?

question 2 : during update ROM what is happand to old redundant backup ROM  !? hp said this for ermergancy so how i can sitch to it !?

i searched on the internet thay said switch 1,5,6 to on then boot , i did it but nothing happand only long beebb long beeb again and again ... so i restored switch to off, and nothing happand

any help please,

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

1. No, since you do not have display /ILO KVM console.

2. Redundant ROM is the hope,

Try again as below: (found in one of the old post)

To access the redundant ROM manually:

1. Power down the server (on page 18).
2. Remove the access panel (on page 20).
3. Set positions 1, 5, and 6 of the system maintenance switch to On.
4. Install the access panel (on page 20).
5. Power up the server (on page 18).
6. Wait for the server to emit two beeps.
7. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
8. Set positions 1, 5, and 6 of the system maintenance switch to Off.
9. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

When the server boots, the system identifies whether the current ROM bank is corrupt. If a corrupt ROM is
detected, the system boots from the backup ROM and alerts you through POST or IML that the ROM bank
is corrupt.

If both the current and backup versions of the ROM are corrupt, the server automatically enters ROMPaq

disaster recovery mode.

If still it does not works out for you then probably the last option you can try before replacing system board is to check on minimum hardware configuration,

regards,

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo

mahmoud1982
Visitor

Dear;

I did that before for access the redundant ROM manually, but nothing happend .

while i am searching in other support sites , some one wrote you need to wait at least 10 Minute, this was the last hope and the server worked like charm the fan slow down as usually, and i updated the bios and redundant ROM also,

but i noticed that there is another problem with server boot it needed 8 minute at least to show info bios and and complete booting and also there is no Ilo on the screen ,, so how i can fix ilo problem , !?

best regards;