4883 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL360p Gen8 not working when second CPU installed

Lattante
Occasional Contributor

HP DL360p Gen8 not working when second CPU installed

Hello everyone.

Server DL360p Gen8 was upgraded with memory, 2 x PSU and 2 x E5-2620v2 more than year ago.

One day, maybe month ago, server stopped working and internal health diode blinks rapidly (maybe 3-4 times per second). iLO not responding and server cannot be turned on. 

After swapping CPU's, discover that CPU 2 not working. OK, I have to purchase another one. CPU arrives, put it in the server aaaaannnnnd BAM - server not working

With both cpu's installed, after pressing power button, power button diode lights green for few seconds, fans turns on for few seconds, and aftter that server halted with rapidly blinking internal health diode.

Try to update system firmware, I see there is 2019 version release. Update it, iLO also.

Now I can log in with iLO, but 'system health is OK' and in CPU tab there is only one CPU.

Regarding to troubleshooting guide, when internal health diode:

Flashing red = System health is critical.
Fast flashing red = Power fault (Check system and devices)..

With one cpu, installed in first socket server boots and operates normaly.

Does anyone encountered such a problem or any advice how to continue with troubleshooting or I need to replace system board ..(or server)? Thanks in advance.

BR,

P.S. Maybe

2 REPLIES 2
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Hi, 

As per the description shared, requesting you to log a case with HPE support and get the systemboard replaced. 

This seems to be an issue with the faulty CPU slot 2. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Bstory

I have the same issue as you describe. Though I can't be sure if it's socket 1 or 2, the faulty socket is the one one the side with the power supplies, near the internal SD card slot.