ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748042 Members
4916 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP dl380 g3 server base system device driver for 2003 servers?

Cant

HP dl380 g3 server base system device driver for 2003 servers?

what kind of driver do i need to install the "base system device" on a windows 2003 standard and or enterprise edition?
Thanks you
c.cant@fhbb.ch
11 REPLIES 11
Ian Matthews_2
Valued Contributor

The windows support pack from HP's website should contain all the drivers you need

here's the URL to all files for that machine

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_4706.html

Regards

Ian
Cant

thanks ian,

i know the support pack but i don't know in which file of the cp0031...'s my device driver for this "base system device" is!! could someone tell me what it is ?? some kind of scsi driver ? thanks greetings
c.cant@fhbb.ch
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Simply install the latest PSP 6.40 which fully supports W2K3 and hopefully your unrecognized device will disappear.
You cannot do anything wrong with installing this pack completely and it's also the recommended way.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!

Without knowing what drivers you already have installed, I'm guessing the one you're looking for is the hp iLO Advanced System Management Controller Driver.
Chui Kock You_1
Frequent Advisor

I have a similar problem but on a Windows XP Pro SP2. It is also a DL380 G3 Proliant server. I have looked through several forums that all says to download the driver from HP's support site. However, I have no idea which driver to download. Under the properties tab, it says the device type is "Other Devices" at Location "PCI bus 0, device 4, function 2". There is however nothing install on any of the PCI Slot. Please advice. Thank you
DarynC

The drivers that you are looking for:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18549.html

HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out Management Interface Driver
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Cant,

I wouldnt worry about installing a particular driver and figuring it out which one it is by yourself.

Proliant Support Pack does a very good job at inventoring the system devices and applying the device drivers for only those devices that are found in your server.

Also, one of the replies to your post says install the latest PSP 6.4....Sorry this is not correct...the latest version is PSP 7.1A available for download from the following link:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19613.html

Hope it helps and could you please assign points to the replies.

Thanks,
Lars Klausen

Thanks for this thread.
For me it was the Light out driver.
bcsb
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP Proliant ML310e gen8 server base system device driver for windows server2003 32 bitsHP Proli

Other Devices: drivers

base system device

ethernet controller and

unknown device