1753620 Members
5836 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL380 g6 firmware update

Avarial

HP DL380 g6 firmware update

hello

i need to run a firmware update on one of our servers - its a DL380 g6 I cant even find out what current firmware its running, there is nothing in the management homepage.

also i need to find the warranty info on this unit i am not performing any maitenance on it unti i know the warranty status, i can find the serial number but not the product numer and im not going to pull the unit out of the rack to find out.

can anyone help me?  so frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
-Cisco-
Occasional Advisor

Hello, here are some ways to check your firmware:

iLo2

In system management homepage under the -> software box -> there is a “Firmware Information” link…

iLo3

In system management homepage under the -> System Configuration box there is a “Software / Firmware Version Info” link...

Or if you are familiar with HPS reports  (ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/applications/HPS/HPSreports/index.html) you can run them to get the info you need.

Also you can get me your serial and I can check your warranty status.

Thanks,

**Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.**
garzonfederico

all the info about model and serial is in the bios (RBSU) at the first page.

gokale
Occasional Advisor

Go ahead and install the hp system insight agent from the below link depending on the version of the OS,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288114&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=428936&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1113#7832

once you install them you will be able to find the version control agent which will help you in finding the current version of the firmware of all devices on your server