108783 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Dl380 G7 disk fail array

sro
Frequent Visitor

HP Dl380 G7 disk fail array

hi my daer hp

Code

please can you help me to fix it my server is hp prolaint Dl 380 G7 with Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot

Description

298 SAS Array A - 1 Logical Drive(s) contains a failed physical drive. To correct this problem, check the data and power connections to the physical drives or replace the failed drive. For more information, generate a diagnostics report under the Diagnostics tab. 274 147.0 GB 2-Port SAS Drive at Port 1I : Box 1 : Bay 2 is bad or missing.

To correct this problem, check the data and power connections to the physical drive.

For more information, generate a diagnostics report under the Diagnostics tab.

Warning Status Messages

Code Description 272 The current array controller has a bad or missing drive.

(Interim Recovery) Logical Drive 1 (136.7 GB, RAID 1) is operating with reduced performance and a further physical drive failure may result in data loss depending on the fault tolerance.

Configuration changes to this logical drive or any other logical drive in the array are not allowed until this problem is corrected.

To correct this problem, check the data and power connections to the physical drives or replace the failed drive. For more information, generate a diagnostics report under the Diagnostics tab.
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Dl380 G7 disk fail array

This is mainly a community for the users of HP products, although sometimes HP employees may read this from time to time.

If you are trying to open a support call, you cannot do that here. We can offer advice and sympathy, but not much more.

In most cases, this error means the disk has failed. Replace it. If the Smart Array default settings have not been changed, the array will automatically start rebuilding as soon as you remove the failed disk and insert a good one in its place.

A DL380 G7 might still be under HP warranty: if it is, you might get a replacement disk for free.

MK
anthony11
Regular Advisor

The above tells you exactly what to do. What's the question??
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager
Moved: