1752369 Members
5984 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL380 G9 with P440AR RAID Expansion

Dave_at_KIT
Occasional Collector

HP DL380 G9 with P440AR RAID Expansion

Have a server DL380 G9 with 6 x 600GB SAS 15K 2,5" disks. 

There is one logical drive. This is configured as a RAID 1+0  (3 x 600GB mirrored) and we wish to expand this array by 2 drives and extend the logical drive.

Accelerator cache is 2GB and Batttery OK.

I am trying to find out whether this can be done online with the ACU ensuring there is no loss of data (As this is  a production server) with a defintive procedure. I have send this dones with RAID 6 and ADG but never with RAID 10 (1+0). Would love to hear off any guys out there with experience of this or HP techs 

5 REPLIES 5
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi there, 

Guide for array expansion and logical drive extention. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000010855 

As you are performing this on RAID 1+0. I recommend to add min 2 drives (Mirroring and Striping)

As there is 2GB of cache module and the battery status is OK, no problem in this process. No data loss. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Dave_at_KIT
Occasional Collector

Hi Is there a public access version of the provided link, as it  is telling me I do not have permissions to open this doc

Thanks

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Try accessing the below link.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000010855 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mysy
Valued Contributor
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

I am able to open both the links . I am not even connected to my office network. 

Open SSA > choose logical devices >Array “x” > manage data drivesSelect the drive you want to add > add drive > OK

NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THE EXPAND PROCESS WILL FINISH!

TO extend the logical drive –Choose logical drives > logical drives “x” > extend logical driveCheck the maximum size / custom size > OK

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo