6602 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL380 Gen10 Box 1 Drive Indicators Don't Light Up

krisd443
Advisor

HP DL380 Gen10 Box 1 Drive Indicators Don't Light Up

Hey folks,

Still working on building out a couple of 12LFF DL380s for our data center and I've noticed that the top row of drive lights don't seem to function at all. They don't light when the drives are inserted, and don't light in use. All 12 disks use a Smartcache array, 1 SSD to 11 disks in a RAID 6 array. We've built two identical servers with no issues, and there are no errors indicated in boot or iLO or anywhere else, machine is otherwise behaving as normal.

I've reseated all the disks and pulled/replugged the connector from the p816i-a to the top box, to no avail. Is there anything else I can check? I didn't see anything obvious. Firmware is all up to the SPP 12.2019 spec.

4 REPLIES 4
I_AN
HPE Pro

Hello,

12LFF DL380, I am assuming they are Gen10 servers. The Drives will have no LEDs unless its part of RAID. As per your statement they are part of RAID6 (please correct)

You may also want to check the below advisory:

Advisory: (Revision) HPE Smart Array - LEDs on Physical Drives May Not Be Illuminated When Connected Via an Expander to an HPE Gen10 Smart Array Controller

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00022527en_us

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

krisd443
Advisor

I know about the non-RAID disks not being lit as I have built lots of these. This is with a working array using all 12 drives.

They are not in an expansion device - they are part of "Box 1" that makes up the remaining 4 disks on the 12LFF chassis as opposed to the 8LFF one.

Thanks for replying though. I'm definitely open to any ideas I haven't tried yet, and that advisory is interesting, I'll try to keep it in mind as we are adding enclosures along with 408e-p SmartArray controllers that are going in after I update all the firmware, so it may come up.

jrams
Regular Visitor

Hi Kris,

Did you resolved this issue? I am also facing the same problem with HDD lights in the Box. Am using 2 SSD in RAID 0(Mirror) for OS and 6 HDD in RAID 6 for storage. The server doesn't show any error for the HDDs in iLO and Array menus and it functions normal. The firmware for iLO is uptodate and the array controller is Megaraid-MR416i-p. Any suggestions?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @jrams,

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo