1753637 Members
5617 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL785 G6 Won't POST

Puntoboy
Occasional Contributor

HP DL785 G6 Won't POST

Not sure if anyone can help me with such an old server. I bought it from eBay a few months ago but for one reason or another I didn't power it on until the other day. Now I cannot get it to boot most of the time. 

At first I was getting an error on the SID showing amber lights against all DIMM slots in CPU Cell 1 so I took it out, reseated all the memory and tried again. This did not work. I then swapped the CPU Cell with slot 8 (the Bott CPU) and the the error lights moved. So I thought the issue must be with that cell., put the old one back and the errors stayed. I then swapped the other cells around (I have four) and I would vary from no POST, to errors, to only seeing one or 2 CPU cells. 

At the moment bays 1-2 & 7-8 are populated and all lights are green. But no POST or display. No beeps or anything else.

3 REPLIES 3
denis_b
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL785 G6 Won't POST

Hello @Puntoboy!

Sorry for delay with response. Is your question still valid?

Thank you!

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

Puntoboy
Occasional Contributor

Afraid not. Still and issue.

Kind regards,

Chris Jeffrey
denis_b
HPE Pro

@PuntoboyI am afraid that without additional spare parts it will be difficult to understand what is wrong with the server. I assume it can be some problem with SPI board or midplane. If minimal server cofig doesn't give anything possitive, without parts you can do nothing unfortunately. This server has a lot of parts to find failure point easy :(

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo