1753912 Members
8734 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Flexfabric 534FLR-SFP+ with Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M DAC cable compatibility

umbabarauma
Occasional Visitor

HP Flexfabric 534FLR-SFP+ with Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M DAC cable compatibility

Hi. we have several Dl 360 g10 HP servers with 534FLR-SFP+ 10GB cards aboard. Having little budget to built 10gb LAN i want to pick up this swithes SG350XG-24F-K9-EU. Unfortunatelly, HP doesn't offer an appropriate same price analog, only HPE 1950 12XGT 4SFP+ but it has only 4 SFP+ ports. 

My question is will HPE adapter works with Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M cable. As far as i know, adapter doesn't care what DAC is plugged in but the swtich does. 

I've found some topics on this theme here. One was helpfull but still need extra confirmation to be sure.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Cisco-Nexus-5596-HP-SFP-compatibility/td-p/6864877#.XHZIs1UzZUR

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
ronissac
Trusted Contributor

HI umbabarauma ,

HPE does not place any vendor specific contraints on the the SFP modules or DAC cables connected to an HPE Network adapter. I Can confirm this 

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

Regards 

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
eunchew

Hi @ronissac ,

My customer is using Nexus 9396PX and looking at DL560 SAP HANA TDI. Now, they are asking to confirm the below 2 options for connectivity. What is your thought on this?

1. using HPE or CISCO 40Gb QSPF to QSFP AOC
2. Buy BiDi Cisco transcivers for Nexus 9K and HPE to include Bidi transceivers and connect using LC cable from either HPE or Cisco.

Thanks.

Regards,
Eunice