4324 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ML350 G6 No POST, NO VGA

CorpCale
Collector

HP ML350 G6 No POST, NO VGA

Greetings & Salutations

I have just purchased a ML350 G6 and it will not POST or Show any form of VGA output. when i plugged in the VGA cable to the servers onboard VGA port nothing displays at all. I managed to get to the ILO2 so can see the basic server info e.g. status, cpu, ram etc but when i try to use the remote console i get a black screen just like on the monitor. i tried 4 differnt vga cable just to eliminate that issue and install a PCI GC to no avail. i reset the system maintainace switch which seem to stop it runing like a figther jet constantly and i used jumer 6 only think this might help as per other fourms suggestion but to no avail.

SYSTEM STATUS:

micro controller firmware: 2.9

System ROM: D22 5/5/2011 (backup rom the same)

CPU FINE

SYSTEM HEALTH: OK (from ILO2 summaru screen)

RAM FINE

ILO 2 FINE - can connect and use basic info but nothing as no licence

ILO 2 Firmware: standard and firmware: 16/7/2012, Version 2.12

POST - NO

VGA - NO

system lights at the fron of server: show POWER, SYSTEM HEALTH and NETWORK all Green indiacting fine

NO Beeps, NO RED LIGHTS Nothing

Any sugestions would be most helpful.

1 REPLY 1
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Re: HP ML350 G6 No POST, NO VGA

As per the details below the server looks turned on. The LED on the front of the unit are Green. You have also changed the VGA cables and tried from ILO. You can try one thing, download a ILO evaluation key and see if the ILO remote console shows any display. Try in different browsers. If it is the same issue, log a case with HPE if you have a contract on the server. It looks like the issue with the VGA port on the system board. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo