6461 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP P400 Raid Controller 256 MB for ProLiant DL360e 8gen

FHMM
Occasional Advisor

HP P400 Raid Controller 256 MB for ProLiant DL360e 8gen

Hello all,

can someone tell me if this raid controller 'HP P400 Raid Controller 256 MB' fits into the HP ProLiant DL360e 8gen Server? I bought some SAS disks but found out later that the DL360e with the standart smart-array controller B120i does not support SAS disks.

Kind regards.

FH

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Will it fit? Yes it is a standard PCIe controller. Will it function properly,? Not known as it was never tested in a Gen8.  If I recall, this controller was released during the G5 time frame.

The quickspec list sthe supported controllers for the DL360e Gen8
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04128167

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
FHMM
Occasional Advisor

Hey Jimmy, thanks for answering my questions, i'm new to servers so please bear with me. So i had a look at the quick specs you linked and there it says the Smart Array Controller b320i is supported by the ProLiant DL360e Server. But i don't find a place on the motherboard to install this controller. Is there a document which explains how to physically install this controller? I'm unable to find one via google.

Thanks in advance.

F.H.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The DL360e is offered in two basic models. The B120i based system uses an embedded SATA controller. The B320i based systems uses an embedded SAS controller.  For both controllers the RAID functionality is provided by a special driver. If your system has the B120i embedded controller, you only option is to use one of the suported PCIe Smart Array controllers

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
FHMM
Occasional Advisor

How do i verify which basic model i have? I am assumig i have the B120i because the SAS disks are not recognized, can you name me a supported PCIe Smart Array controller for the B120i based system? I don't find anything in the quick specs for this matter..

FHMM
Occasional Advisor

If you could just help me with this last question i would very appreciate it. 

And thank you for your answers so far.

F.H.