ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752402 Members
5555 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant DL160 G6 running Vmware Esxi 5.5.0 boots to purple screen repetitively

IAsysadm
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant DL160 G6 running Vmware Esxi 5.5.0 boots to purple screen repetitively

Our HP Proliant DL160 G6 was upgraded about a month or two from Vmware Esxi 4 up to 5.5.0 and since then has crashed 3 or 4 times  but each time I could recover simply by rebooting.  Well, this time a reboot isn't doing it!!  I found two upgrades to the BIOS on HP's website and applied them to no avail, same purple screen on  boot.  Unfortunately I am not that familiar with Vmware - our main guy is out of town so we are up a crick without a paddle so to speak.  Anyone have any ideas? 

thanks in advance.   Oh yeah, it's one month fresh out of warranty also!  Peachy, huh? 

3 REPLIES 3
yguner

Re: HP Proliant DL160 G6 running Vmware Esxi 5.5.0 boots to purple screen repetitively

Hi,

Did you find any soulution ? The same problem we have. So we have  DL160 G6 servers located on Branch offices. In this week 3 DL160 G6 Esxi 5.5 installed server stopped working, we reboted them then they worked. If you find a solution can you please share with us?

Thanks, regards...

RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Hi all,

as you can see on:http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/vmware.aspx#.VBxUEnNwbqB

This server supports ESXi 5.1 however on http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/vmware.aspx#.VBxUcHNwbqC

It is not listed as supportes for ESXi 5.5.

It's most likely that this is causing the issues.

I suggest check if ESXi 5.1 works properly.

Cheers, Rob
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

Disable PCC option on RBSU and vCenter.

Sincerly,