New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server Firmware Update / System Monitoring Tool

SOLVED
Go to solution
Soulmaker
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server Firmware Update / System Monitoring Tool

Hi All,

I was hoping you could give me some advise. We do have an HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server which is already out of warranty support so I couldn't ask to logged a ticket to HP support. 

Basically, this server FW hasn't been upgraded for how many years already and I do believe that a lot of firmware is already out of date. We are currently experiencing issue with this server that it is rebooting randomly because of bugcheck 0x00020001. And Microsoft support saying that it is because the server FW is already out of date. 

Is there any software that HP uses similar to Server Administrator of Dell where you can see all the fireware version of the hardware? If yes, where I can download this and what version I need to you that is compatible on my hardware device.  I saw something called HPE Systems Insight Manager not just sure if this is the correct software I need and what version that is compatible for my hardware.

I really hope someone can give me assistance on this.

Kind Regards,

Jeffrey

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

HPE SIM allows you to manage your hardware across a wide variety of HPE servers, 
In your case you may need to download and update firmware drivers using Smart Update Firmware DVD.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Soulmaker
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Would you be able to let me know what Version of  HP SIM are compatible with my device? I check the latest one 7.5 howver I don't see my server on the compatible hardware.

Also, I click on the Smart Update Firmware DVD link that you provide but I can see my operating System Windows Server 2012 R2 are not listed on that. Can I be able to use that to update my server?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Refer to the Installation Instructions for this DVD, you need to create a DVD and boot from that to update firmware.  So OS does not matter.  BTW Windows 2012 R2 is not compatible with this server.
http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx

HPE Insight Management 7.6 Support Matrix, page# 28-31
HPE Systems Insight Manager 7.6 Release Notes.
Download HPE SIM 7.6 or later versions here.

Please check the Support Matrix and Prerequisites before downloading/installing the software.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link.]

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo