1748018 Members
3596 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL320 G6 - VM Crashed

aking43
Collector

HP ProLiant DL320 G6 - VM Crashed

We picked up a new client who has a HP ProLiant DL320 G6 that has crashed. It turns on and is/was running vmware. We typically use Dell PowerEdge T110 II for these small businesses so I'm not super familiar with these HP blade servers and we don't use virtualization since they're small businesses.

I've tried connecting a VGA cable to it to see if I get anything on a monitor because the server powers up and acts like it's fine but nothing comes up on the monitor. (We had another client who had vmware and when connecting it would show the IP address to connect to the server.)

I've also tried using SSH / telnet into the server to see if I can access anything and see what exactly is down but I haven't gotten anywhere.

I would like to get rid of the VM and just do a server 2008 R2 or server 2012 R2 fresh install if possible

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant DL320 G6 - VM Crashed

With a monitor connected do you see it go through POST, or you get nothing displayed on the monitor?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Gadsby
Advisor

Re: HP ProLiant DL320 G6 - VM Crashed

Operating Systems and Virtualization Software Support for DL320 G6

Microsoft Windows Server
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
Oracle Solaris

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.WMvNVW-LSUk

not good at math