1752479 Members
5502 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp Proliant Dl360 GEN 10 License Windows Server 2016 Standard 35 Users

AARM
Occasional Contributor

Hp Proliant Dl360 GEN 10 License Windows Server 2016 Standard 35 Users

I have purchased two servers HP Proliant Dl360 GEN 10 i have installed all whit the Windows Server 2016 Standard evaluation 180 Version , then i have installed all the driver and the Proliant service Pack, i have also speaked whit the HPE Support and i asked if i have too purchase the HP branded windows server license, and they said that is not important couse my warranty not include software assistance, so im free to purchase the standar non  branded license and install the proliant service pack for the drivers, and thats what i have done , otherwise if buy the HP branded license i should reinstall all the S.O. from zero couse the HP branded license is not a normal key and i cant activate the normal S.O. .

But now i have a problem i cant find the standards non branded User CAL for the domain Users (i need 35 User Cals) i can find only HP and Fujitsu branded license for the domain users, but im not sure if my sistem will accept it anywane have experimentedthis kind of scenario?

is there i a way to activate my sistem whitout reinstall all whit HP licenses (ROK 16 Core and 35 Users CAL) ?

thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
maxwellb
Visitor

Responding as a reader, and I don't have a solution right now.

It is difficult to determine from your description what you mean by "cannot find the license". As a Gen 10 server owner myself, I'm not sure how I would begin troubleshooting this issue if it were presented to me in my environment.

I might suggest this sounds more like a licensing issue although a) it doesn't look like there is a forum specifically for that segment at b) you did not include the HP factory license option and presumably have a commercial off-the-shelf license(s).

Have you tried these resources?

1. HPE FAQ for Microsoft OEM Licensing - Windows Server (PDF)
  2. Microsoft support, using the numbers and contact information from your license material
  3. Support from your vendor or reseller?

AARM
Occasional Contributor

Thank you and sorry for my english,

anyway just to made the question simple,

anyone have ever tried to activate a HP ROK key on a "classic" windows installation? im reading that the issue coud be bios related  so if the hardware/BIOS its HP and in my case it is license should activate?