1748180 Members
4222 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant DL380 G5 SAS or SATA Hard Disk Drive Failed

salman112233

HP Proliant DL380 G5 SAS or SATA Hard Disk Drive Failed

Hi,

I have server HP Proliant DL380 G5 on which RAID 5 was configured and Windows Server 2008 R2 was installed. 04 HDD with 146 GB installed. From last few days one of the HDD shows orange light and now there is no light in that HDD at all and i am not able to open the windows. When ever i open the machine it continously finding the OS. 

My question is how i can check now in this situation that RAID 5 is configured and the other 3 HDD are perfectly fine and all the data is there. 

My Second question if i replace it with other HDD still there is no light.

Do i lost my all data?

2 REPLIES 2
Pra_Sah
HPE Pro

Hello Salman,

Thank you for your query.

Since you are using G5 server which is a very old model, you need to use Smart-Start CD to run offline HPE Array configuration utility.
When used , it will give you options to confirm the health of the individual Drive and logical volume created on the drive array.

You can check if the drive health is ok and if the logical volume is still intact.

You can use Array Configuration utility user guide for more information on this tool. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00142272.pdf

Link to download the Smart start CD:- https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_2e6c41afdb8c4c0d9bffce484c#tab3

In case you need further help you can contact our Technical Support Team, to check if they can assist you further on this issue.

Regards,

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Croweb
Frequent Advisor

Did you entered the HP Smart Array configuration utility after by pressing F8 after the server POST?

If yes, what is displayed?

We own our Data Center...and that makes all the difference!