ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752800 Members
5795 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Servers - Hard Drive(s) not Being Detected/Recognized During Booting

soga
Visitor

HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Servers - Hard Drive(s) not Being Detected/Recognized During Booting

hello,

I have a booting issue with my HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Servers. i tried to boot up the system from a window server 2003 DVD, but the error message is " No Hard Drive  installed on your computer". I have removed the hard drive, dusted it and changed the slots,  i have also tried to create a logical drive from the BIOS but it still says " There are no available physical drives". Please what do i need to do to resolve this issues. Find attached screenshot.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Servers - Hard Drive(s) not Being Detected/Recognized During Booting

You need to create an array and logical drive before the OS will see a disk.  The screen shot shows the system has two controllers, what does ORCA show for the P410i controller in slot 0?  What controller is the drive cage backplane connected to?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
soga
Visitor

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Servers - Hard Drive(s) not Being Detected/Recognized During Booting

Thanks Jimmy, i tried to create a logical drive but its  still saying there are no available physical drive.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Did you run ORCA on both controllers?  Did you verify what controller the cables from the drive backplane are going to? 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jmwai