5730 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 - Restart Issue

Sam34
Occasional Visitor

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 - Restart Issue

Hi,

Restarted a HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 server and getting stuck now on the POST screen...

Checked hardware connection, server rebooted multiple time and still getting stuck on the same screen.

All LED are green and iLO diagnosis doesn't show any warning signs. there was once a failed storage disk message that disappeared when I rebooted the server...

Any help will be appriciated !

12 REPLIES 12
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Have you connected any external devices like Storage device/USB devices, if yes, then remove them and try POST.
You may also try removing any PCI Devices that are not required for POST.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

2Peter
Occasional Advisor

The next step would be "System Security Initialization". What was recently changed on that system?

TinMan21312313

Same issue here Hangs right before System Security Initialization would have displayed.  The post code is 00A2 for which information is not available of that particular post code.

LongT
Occasional Visitor

I'm having this exact problem. Early System Initialization get stuck at 30% and doesn't proceed.

Did you manage to find a fix?

esikhan

are u find answer?

can you help me?

I'm having this exact problem. Early System Initialization get stuck at 24% and hang up/.

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I hope all is well.

I would request you follow the below steps to fix this issue.

1. Power drain the server. ( Power off the server remove both the power cable and hold on power on switch for 30 Sec.)

Follow the below steps if the issue still persists.

1. Power of the server and remove the power cable.
  2. Locate the System Maintenance switch on the system board or follow the below link for Maintenance switch.
  1. Clear the NVRAM, follow the below customer advisory

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server - Clearing NVRAM, Activating Redundant ROM, Switching Between UEFI And Legacy Boot Modes

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-kc0128682en_us

1. Remove the all the add-on PCIe card as follow the below advisory.

Advisory: HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 and HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers - Boot / POST stops responding or Crashes May Occur When Multiple Fibre Channel Storage Volumes Are Connected

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04822613

NOTE: Remove all none-HPE hardware and all add-on PCIe card while performing the above activity.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Nino945

Hello ,

did you solve the issue ?

Please if yes  can you tell me how did u solve it?

Thank you

Nino945

hi @Sam34  @esikhan @LongT 

did u solve ?

Babkensa

Hello,

Sam34  @esikhan @LongT was the issue solved.

I am having exactly the same issue