ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751906 Members
5248 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant DS380 G5 RAID controller battery

Kotrla

HP Proliant DS380 G5 RAID controller battery

Hi there,  when i start my server i get a raid low battery message, so i let the server run for a few hours in order to charge the battery. However the message is still there and i cant start the server.

My battery is https://imgur.com/M2xbhip , and i cant get a hold of a new one (i bought one second hand and that one wont work too), can i buy and use a battery that has different numbers (HP spares part and HP Part Numbers) on it? Or do they need to be exactly the same as this one on the photo.

4 REPLIES 4
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant DS380 G5 RAID controller battery

Hi @Kotrla,

I would suggest you to buy a new battery,  if controller is p400/p800 then following is fine.

Part Number : 398648-001
Part Description :
Battery module with integrated charger - Ni-MH, 4.8V, 5000mAh - For use with the Smart Array P400 and P800 SAS controller boards with battery backed write cache (BBWC)

Rergards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

Kotrla

Will the one with this number 578882-001 

work? or does it specifically need to be 398648-001? the controller is p400

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi @Kotrla

578882-001 is Cache module where as

398648-001 is battery , i believe you have issue with battery so you need this part.

however if battery is bad/faulty then cache must disabled.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi @Kotrla 

Did the above reply be helpful? If yes, you can mark it as accepted solution, if not, feel free to revert.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Regards,

Sudhir

>Accept or Kudo