1747987 Members
4761 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Hp proliant ML350 G5 hdd problem

Michele5353
Occasional Contributor

Hp proliant ML350 G5 hdd problem

Hello everyone, recently I noticed a problem that I think is related to the hard disk ( I state that I have tested the HDD in other servers and does not present these problems) . I own a proliant ml350 g5 and in the smart array I put two hdd sas in raid 0 and a 2 tb sata hdd that is recognized perfectly by the os. By making network transfers via windows the maximum transfer speed is 100 mbps (I used cat5e cables), also the speed tends to decrease more and more quickly during the transfer and keeping at a maximum speed of 6mbps making the transfer very long and excruciating! It's strange this thing has never happened to me! I thank you for your help, hello guys

1 REPLY 1
Rhythm596
Frequent Advisor

Re: Hp proliant ML350 G5 hdd problem

Hi @Michele5353

The transfer speed may depend on various factors. We can make comparison with the other server where the issue is not seen to check why that might happen on this one. 

Factors like firmware, driver, applications running during transfer can play a role in affecting the speeds. 

If you can share more information on this, we will be able to assist you better. You can also a case with HPE support for to get this checked.