5007 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Prolient DL360 G5 Server 2012

UATS
Occasional Visitor

HP Prolient DL360 G5 Server 2012

Hi,

I have installed Server 2012 on a DL360 G5 server and all is good except I can't find a driver for the "IPMI Interface".

I belive this is to do with the ILO, which seems to work ok.

Does anyone know where I can get such a driver?  The HP website says that it only has them for server 2008, but implys that I should be able to use the 2008 driver on 2012.  Alas I cannot get the server to take it.

Should I give up and install 2008 R2? 

Does this driver really matter ( it seems to be working OK without).

Any idea's?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

G5 servers do not support or tested for Windows 2012.

iLO will work fine without driver but only thing is that you may get some event logs or ! mark in device manager stating "Base System Device" or "Unknown Device".

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

UATS
Occasional Visitor

@suman_1978 wrote:

iLO will work fine without driver but only thing is that you may get some event logs or ! mark in device manager stating "Base System Device" or "Unknown Device".

Thank.

That is what I am getting, but it seems OK (other than that).  Am I missing any functionality?  Is there any benefit to using Server 2008 R2?  I would rather stick with Server 2012.

Regards

waaronb
Respected Contributor

I have Server 2012 (not R2 though) on a DL380 G5. This was an install from scratch, not an upgrade so it may depend on whether you did it that way or not.

In my dev manager I don't see any missing drivers. I have the "Microsoft Generic IPMI Compliant Device". Nothing HP specific.

For an older machine, the install was fine... no hassles with missing drivers or anything, it all just worked, and then I ran the latest SUM from the 2013.09 support pack and I think just stuck with default options.
UATS
Occasional Visitor

In the end I managed to find the correct 2008 drivers for my Ilo. 

End result.  The message about missing driver has gone.  No other difference.

I am happy though.

Cosma

Wiley_One
Occasional Visitor

Link?