4224 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP QLogic NX2 10/20GbE Multifunction Drivers fails during SPP installation

erich1
Frequent Visitor

HP QLogic NX2 10/20GbE Multifunction Drivers fails during SPP installation

Hello,

The Installation with SPP 2015.10 fails with package cp025087.exe (HP QLogic NX2 10/20GbE Multifunction Drivers for Windows Server x64 Editions 7.12.41.0 1 Okt 2015) on a Proliant DL385 G7 Server with Windows 2012 R2.

Erromessage in HPSum log is a fault during HP Virtual Bus Device installation. Could someone support me to solve this issue?

regards,

9 REPLIES 9
Dave32

Hi erich,

we have the same issue; the problem occure even if you instal the package manually.

We already opened a case to HP support but we have not received any feedback.

Regards,

David

helpdeskncoi
Occasional Visitor

Same issue over here with a G7, the driver detects that it can be installed but the card isn't in the system. And the onboard card has a Broadcom Chipset which is updated sucsessfully (cp023430.exe)

So it's probably a wrong detection of the driver.

Regards

Gert

Squirre1

cp025087 do have the correct drivers. The Broadcom model that is in the DL380 G6 and G7, at least that I know of are now owned by QLogic.. Qlogic bought the rights: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/02/21/qlogic-acquires-ethernet-assets-broadcom/

What you have to do is Extract the drivers from the package and then you can update the drivers on the device directly in device management. What IS failing is the "HP Virtual Bus Device" in that installation and that causes the driver set to fail. At that point all I had to do was remove the splatted devices and rescan, once I did that, the devices were back with the new driver. You might have to remove of the older devices while selecting the option to Uninstall/delete the driver files..

Thanks..

Squirre1

Better yet, if HP doesn't remove this, this is the DELL driver for the same device.. I just downloaded it, and extracted the .exe. Once extracted you should see a setup file and it is digitally signed by QLogic so it should be universal... I installed it fine on both my DL380 G6 servers with no issues at all.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=J49GN

Enjoy!!

BrowningIT
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for this post.  You are correct, these Dell drivers will work fine on an HP device.  (DL 380 G7 here, updated drivers to 7.12.32.0 successfully based on your link).

*edit* I did however submit a case to HP that I am having issues with HPSUM and with their drivers listed for the product.  I'll add a new reply as they help resolve that issue.  They currently are researching, and waiting on me for a time off production hours to install a FW update before trying the driver update again.  FW update pack is cp026232.  

Cheers, 

BrowningIT
Occasional Visitor

FYI:

Updating the FW to latest version, rebooting, then attempting the driver update still causes failure and for NIC's to be unresponsive.

sfora
Frequent Advisor

Was this solved in SPP2016.04 ?

sfora
Frequent Advisor

Answering my own question...

After testing on a DL380G6 and DL380G7 I can confirm that this was fixed (and not fixed).
HPSUM 7.5.1 included in SPP2016.4 will just say that your current Broadcom driver(7.10.30) is up-to-date and will not try to install the latest Qlogic one(7.13.4).

You can install the latest one manually using Windows Device Manager. Just extract cp027509.exe included in the SPP2016.4.
Just running it won't work, it says that your hardware is incompatible.

JamesR_

This issue is very similar to something I am seeing on a BL460c Gen9.

Can I please clarify, was your solution to install the dirvers manually in Device Manager in Windows?

Thank you,