ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748171 Members
4055 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SmartCache still active on some drives after removing and disabling HP SmartCache

isaeusadmin

HP SmartCache still active on some drives after removing and disabling HP SmartCache

I've been using HP Smartcache on our HP DL380p Gen8 servers for about 2,5 year. After activating HP SmartCache (on 5 drives) i've never changed the configuration. Recently our RAID-battery was in a bad state so the HP SmartCache has status Destroyed. Because I wanted to add one more drive to the RAID-controller and therefore I need to redesign the HP SmartCache configuration, I deleted all SmartCaches and disable HP SmartCache on the controller. Next I shutdown the server, replaced the battery and start the server again. Once in the OS I re-enabled HP SmartCache but I was only able to activate HP SmartCache on 2 of 6 drives. I canceled the proces of re-enabling HP SmartCache (so it was disabled again) and checked the array overview. There I found that 4 of 6 drives has still the word "(Cached)" behind the Array Name, with status Destroyed.

I cannot find a way to remove the 4 caches. I removed them in front of disabling HP SmartCaches, but it's not removed totally after all. When I enable HP SmartCache (without creating caches) and go to the SmartCache overview, it says that there are no active caches.

I've also erased the SSD which is used for caching. The RAID-Controller is HP P420 embedded.

How can I solve this problem?