New Discussion юеВ

HP SUM 7.4.0 - Cannot Deploy to Windows

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainey
Occasional Visitor

HP SUM 7.4.0 - Cannot Deploy to Windows

Good Afternoon,

We are trying to update all out HP ProLiant kit and have succesfully patched our ESXi Hosts and ILO.

When we come to patch our Windows Server Estate we are recieving the below error.

"Failed to retrieve share path(ADMIN$) details from remote node:10.**.**.**"

I have tried using Domain Admin and Local Admin details to no avail. I can browse to the ADMIN$ path in Windows Explorer and don't believe the below ports are blocked.

445, 135, 137, 138, 139

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
NickC1
Advisor

Re: HP SUM 7.4.0 - Cannot Deploy to Windows

Seems like a mismatch in the path or possible DNS error perhaps? Have you tries retrieving the package via ip address instead?

Rainey
Occasional Visitor

How can i go about this?

NickC1
Advisor

Also, this is from the HP SUM site documentation:

"Updates are passed to the node and retrieved through an internal web server that runs by default on port 63001 for localhost http traffic and port 63002 for local and remote secure https traffic. This allows iLO and VC firmware updates without having to access the host server. It also allows the servers to run VMware or other virtualization platforms to update the iLO firmware without requiring a server reboot or a migration of the virtual machines to other servers.

Remote HP Integrity iLO and Superdome 2 updates require these ports to be open on systems for network traffic in both directions to transfer firmware files."

Be sure to verify those ports as well. Can you copy the sghare to an alternate location to test?

Rainey
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I have updated to 7.4.1 and the issues seem to be resolved now.