4101 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE 530SFP+

radhakrishnasai
Occasional Visitor

HPE 530SFP+

Hello ,

Iam using HPE 530 SFP+ FO card with 455883-B21  tranciever.

My queiry is like wheteher this FO NIC card will work with 100Mbps module.

Basically iam having a module|(100mbps) which needs to communicate  with PC at PC side iam using HPE 530 FO NIC card .

will it work out or i need to use 100Mbps on both sides

3 REPLIES 3
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Radhakrishna,

Please find below the Technical Specifications link for HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530SFP+ Adapter:-

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/gethtml.aspx?docname=c04111517

General Specifications

Network Processor

Cavium 57810S chipset

Data Rate

Two ports, each at 20 Gb/s bi-directional; 40 Gb/s aggregate bi-directional theoretical bandwidth.

It does not support 100mbps. However if you are looking for a 100mbps link then check the onboard network card available which should work at 100mbps.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
radhakrishnasai
Occasional Visitor

Hi Bunsol,

Thanks for your reply ,I want to work with 100 Mbps only not in the range of 10 Gbps. HPE 530 sfp will work up to 10 Gbps each port ,so it may work at 100 Mbps ?? I mean auto negotiation is possible or not ?
Why Iam asking is we ordered HPE 530 SFP already
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Radhakrishna,

This adapter speed is dedicated at 10Gbps it will not negotiate to 100mbps. Please refer to the user guide of this adapter and refer to page 11:-

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05387696

As was recommended earlier check the onboard network card which probably will give you  required speed of 100mbps.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo