1752811 Members
6271 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE DL20 Gen10 - RAID Adapter

charles3ct
Visitor

HPE DL20 Gen10 - RAID Adapter

We have a new D20 Gen10 Server -  It is having problem installing the Windows Server 2019 OS ...  also tried 2016 Server os with the same result.

It shows "Windows cannot find the Microsoft License Terms"   

Now of course I did some research on this and it seems that there are a few possible issues for this problem. 

One thread suggested reseting the bios to default which I did -  and for some reason it no longer sees the embeeded RAID adapter.  when I go to configure the RAID - there is now no longer a RAID adapter present.

It does however still show the two internal Drives which is where the OS is to be installed.

This is to be a stand alone server so No VMWARE is present and will not be virtualized...

So .  I have two questions.

1.  How to get the RAID adapter to show back up to the system.

2.  Having done a little more research on the Above OS install error of : "Windows cannot find the Microsoft License Terms"   It looks like this is going to turn out to be a Driver issue on the RAID adapter that is not on the installed media..  I have the driver downloaded but unsure where that is to be interjected within the install process..  Once you click on on the abover error -  The system does break out onto a command line  at a   X:  prompt.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I hope the below documents will help you.

HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10 Server follow the page no 5

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053820enw&#

Storage Controllers

The Gen10 controller naming framework has been updated to simplify identification as depicted below. For a more detailed breakout

of the available Gen10 Smart Array controllers visit the HPE Smart Array Gen10 Controllers Data Sheet

Software RAID

• HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID

Notes:

тИТ HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID will operate in UEFI mode only. For legacy support, an additional controller will

be needed, and for CTO orders please also select the Legacy mode settings part, 758959-B22.

тИТ HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID is off by default and must be enabled by selecting 784308-B21.

тИТ The S100i is a 14-port SATA controller, but only 12 ports are accessible as 2 are leveraged to support the 2 M.2 options on

the Primary Riser.

тИТ The S100i supports windows only.

тИТ For Linux users, HPE offers a solution that uses in-distro open-source software to cr

SAS drives are not supported on the S100i SW RAID

HPE Smart Array SR Gen10 Configuration Guide

http://itdoc.hitachi.co.jp/manuals/ha8000v/hard/Gen10/SA/882375-002_en.pdf

Bulletin: (Revision) HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID - DRIVER AND SYSTEM ROM UPDATES REQUIRED to Prevent Potential Data Inconsistency on Select RAID Configurations Created with Driver Version 106.12.4.0 (Or Prior) For Windows

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00097789en_us

HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 drives are not found when RAID mode is disabled

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/shared/troubleshoot_gen10/GUID-24FE96A7-9289-408C-AF95-288FE0F0EE2A.html

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I hope, I am able to fulfill your query.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

I will happy to assist you.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mysy
Valued Contributor

When you use the Server Raid card ,you should install the OS through Intelligent Provisioning mode GUI, it will add the Raid and chipset driver to your ISO. I use the DL20 with 2019 server os install few days before, iso file from MSDN sept version.

Snap52.jpg