5887 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Proliant DL360 gen9 , not generating traps

refaat84
Occasional Contributor

HPE Proliant DL360 gen9 , not generating traps

Hello ,

I'm having an issue regarding SNMP trap generation in case of network cable disconnecting or network down testing for a bonded NIC (bond0) having two interfaces (eno1,eno2) , im not getting any traps to be generated while the bond is configured with bonding mode of (active/backup) mode-1 , when any interface is removed from the bond and tested the SNMP traps are properly generated.

3 REPLIES 3
KK
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Proliant DL360 gen9 , not generating traps

Hi Refaat,

Could you please let us know the OS version. What is the version of HPE SNMP Insight Management Agents?

Requested you to upgrade the HPE SNMP Insight Management Agents to the latest version.

Also we would like to know if you are receiving any message about network link down in Integrated Management Logs when the network cable disconnected or down.

If not, then we would request you to raise a case with HPE for further troubleshooting. We will require logs from OS and hardware to check the issue.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
refaat84
Occasional Contributor

hi ,

HP-SNMP-AGENT : 10.60

network link down is reported on ilo health check 

KK
HPE Pro

Hi Refaat,

This requires log analysis and probe into the issue. Please raise a support ticket with all the actions carried out and AHS report from the server. 

We would help you to check and isolate the issue.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo