New Discussion

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server accessories

SOLVED
Go to solution
KomodoCracker
Occasional Visitor

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server accessories

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server

Can I install a regular SATA HDD in this server?

Also, I would like to purchase a default drive cage but don’t know the product number for this server.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server accessories

Hello there,

Greetings!

Please find the answers to your queries:

1. Can I install a regular SATA HDD in this server?

A. Only the Smart Carrier SATA HDDs are compatible with this server if a drive cage is being purchased. 

Please find the compatible ones (both hot-plug LFF and SFF and non-hot-plug drives) mentioned in the server quickspecs guide. 

Pg nos : 21 through 23 -> https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04834991

2. Also, I would like to purchase a default drive cage but don’t know the product number for this server.

A. Below are the available drive cage options:

822608-B21 -> HPE ML30 Gen9 4 Large Form Factor Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit (Recommended)

NOTE:The LFF Kit is a backplane kit designed for going from NHP LFF to hot-plug LFF.

822756-B21 -> HPE ML30 Gen9 8 Small Form Factor Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit (Recommended)
NOTE: The SFF Kit is the cage plus backplane and designed to convert from any LFF configuration to SFF.
You could refer the same in the server guide itself (previously shared) in page no. 19. 

Please let me know if you have any concerns or queries on the above shared information. 

Regards,
Shruthi
(HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
KomodoCracker
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server accessories

Thank you very much for the information.